Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Real Fun Starts Tomorrow

So I completed my on-ramp sessions for CrossFit. I spent the entire week sore but pumped from the workouts. On Saturday I completed my first "Fran" workout in 9 minutes, 31 seconds. The workout consisted of 3 rounds of squat thrusters followed by pull-ups, 21 reps then 15 reps and finally 9 reps. It was hard and I was not able to complete it at the prescribed weight or without assistance on the pullups, but I did complete it. After the workout I was kind of hard on myself because I believed I could do it better. Then I got to thinking, this is only the start of my journey, I have not lifted weights seriously since 2000. The first 5 months of my journey was spent on the elliptical and treadmill for long period of times. The physical strength that I once had will come back. One goal I have set is to bring my level of fitness to a level I have never known. The only way that I can ensure that this goal sees the light of day is to ensure that I am physically able to continue on my journey. If I push myself to hard and hurt myself then everything I have worked so hard for will come crashing down. So I have to be smart and listen to my body.
I am 3 pounds away from hitting my 50 pound loss mark, this is huge! I will keep the blog updated on my progress!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment