Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Crossfit Ramp-up Session 1...Check

So this morning started out like any ordinary hectic morning in the Keller household. We stayed in bed until the last possible moment, snuggling with the girls. Then we had to get up and get the day going, load up the girl scout cookies for the booth sales and get ready to go for a nice workout that I was really pumped up for. Today was my first real workout in a really long time. Not that what I have been doing for the last 5 months haven't been workouts, it is just that they have been boring fat burning workouts. So I was talked into joining the CrossFit family and get initiated into functional fitness. I have one thing to say, "Holy Crap!" I have not worked that hard in a long time. The first 45 minutes were spent going through the proper way to do shoulder presses, shoulder jerks, box jumps, rowwing, and kettle bell swings. I was breaking a sweat and feeling pretty good. It was like a normal workout, do something, rest, and then do it again, no worries. Then it was time for the Workout of the Day or WOD. 15 minutes as many rounds as possible of 5 shoulder jerks, 10 box jumps, and 15 kettle bell swings. I got through the first round with no real issues, I was feeling good. Then it started to kick in that I still had 13 minutes to go, and I just focused on my movements and breathing. By the end of the 15 minutes I had only completed 5 rounds and I was breathing very heavily. I felt like puking by the time I did a lap around the parking lot, but I also felt my inner beast emerging from being dormant for over 11 years. As the euphoria kicked in I knew this was the dawn of a new day. CrossFit is going to help me change my life! Now that I have had time to come down off of my fitness high my body is trying to tell me something. Something like what the hell are you doing! I need to stretch, I need to recover, and I need to continue this journey! Tomorrow I am going to layout my 4 block diet for the week, stretch again, and spend some quality time with my girls! Life is good!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment