Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Gauntlet has been Picked Up! I'm Back!

What sets me apart from others in this world? Is it my strong chin, broad shoulders, and striking good looks? Is it my quick wit, calculating thought process, and logical mind set? No, not really, those are traits that I do not hold high in my mind. What sets me apart from others and the trait I want to hand down to my kids and be remembered for is my heart, my code, my dedication. Honor, courage, commitment, loyalty, and love, that is the code that is branded upon my heart. That is the code that I have been blind to the past week due to a silly injury. That is the code that came shining through as I stepped into the gym this morning, as I walked across the field this morning because my body is not ready to run, those are the words that were spinning through my head as I lifted the weight and did the push ups. I might be a mere mortal man, with weakness and faults, but above all I am a Husband, Daddy, Friend, and US Marine. I have a duty to none other than myself to ensure that I do not fall or fail. I have set in motion a great many things on my life changing journey, a journey to bring my true self to the world again. I can not and will not lose site of the horizon by staring at the ground, I will hold my head high and charge into the battle. The battle for my life, my family, and my friends. I will recover, I will continue on my journey, I will get stronger, I will get faster, I will be powerful, I will love with all of my heart, and I will dance like no one is watching! So I ask you to stand by my side and get ready for the coming storm, for I am coming, I am unleashed, and I am ready for battle!

So I did want to take some time and thank some dear friends, you know who you are, that have helped me and guided me out of the mire of despair this past week. Very few times people walk into your life that are true genuine friends. These people have a great impact on ones life and will leave lasting marks! I was asked what my goals were, what goals that I have set, and for some reason the cloud of my despair masked them from me. Well the veil has been lifted and I would like to mark down my specific goals for all the world to see. Keep in mind that these are at a level below my high goals that I set to live for my girls, these are the stepping stones to help me get there.
2011
1. Return to mountain bike rides with Dave-August 3rd
2. Warrior Dash- August 20th
3. Set Maximum's on all my lifts-Sept. 3rd
4. Fight Gone Bad 6 (score above 250)- Sept. 17th
5. 60 mile mountain bike ride-Oct. 15th
6. 10k run barefoot- Nov. 1st
2012
7. 1 mile swim-Feb. 2012
8. Rock to Rock Adventure Race
9. CrossFit Games 2012
10. Optic Nerve 24hour Mountain bike race
11. Tough Mudder
12. Warrior Dash
13. Big Mountain Adventure Race
2013
14. Complete all 5 races, including the Breckenridge 100, of the Rocky Mountain Endurance Mountain Series.
15. Full Xtera Triathlon
2014
16. Iron Man Triathlon

Some may look at this list and think that I am crazy, and you know what? I am crazy, crazy in life, crazy in love, and crazy in friendship. I will accomplish these events through hard training and dedication and with the help of my family and friends. I will use CrossFit and CrossFit Endurance as my main training tools, and I will do this with primal nutrition. Anyone is welcome to join me in any training or activity, what you are not welcome to do is tell me that I can not accomplish this. Those of you who know Bruce, Sgt. Keller, BaBa, or Chunks you know that I do not take kindly to people telling me that I can not do something.

So in parting for the day I leave you with this. I am back!

No comments:

Post a Comment