Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dieting for Engineers

Ok what would a diet book written by an engineer read like. I have had a lot of time to think about that during my workouts. To those who know the inner workings of my brain, I apologize, no one should have to witness that chaos...oh I meant to say that you know I thrive on numbers and statistical analysis. I have spreadsheets for everything from tracking my weight-loss and estimating my projected weight loss within the given data set. I track all of my daily food intake using an iPhone app. I track all of my regular exercise using estimates of calorie burn. I have researched multiple weight-loss plans and taken pieces of each to apply to my situation. It comes down to the fact that a cookie cutter diet plan will not work for everybody. Each individual needs to find what works for them. The average American does not want the bother of figuring it out, they want some pill, some apparatus, some diet plan that takes all of the engineering out of it. Maybe I should take my eventual success and turn it into a book and a plan, and then retire and Mountain bike from coast to coast and border to border!

Take time for the important things in life! Play with your kids, laugh with your wife, take time to build real friendships, and live life to the fullest every minute of everyday!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: