Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, January 23, 2011

I'm Back!

Ok, well it has been a while since I have posted any progress or basically posted anything on my journey blog. This has not been because I fell off the wagon or took a break from my journey, basically it had to do with time and pride. The time issues just because there never seems to be enough hours in the day and what free time I have is for my girls. Inorder to solve this and get back to posting along my journey an iPhone app was needed. That way I can post from anywhere.

The pride issue stems from the man that I used to be and how far I let myself fall. Recently I have found a lot of my Marine brothers on Facebook, which is very good. But it has been a slap in the face when I look in the mirror and think about the shape that I used to be in. Yes, I was big in the Corps, my callsign was Chunks, but I was 110 pounds lighter and in shape. So I just have to suck it up and realize why I am doing this journey again. I am making a lifestyle change to get back into shape and reclaim my health. I have two beautiful daughters to see through life!

So look forward to more frequent updates from me. By the way to those who have been paying attention I am down to 268.5 from 306, a total of 37.5 pounds. I feel great, I can run with my girls again! Only 62.5 pounds to go to hit my goal. Also to any of my Marine buddies that want to come to Colorado in the fall for a race, the annual Warriors Dash is going to be my first, post being fat, race. Viking hats and fur pants are optional! Semper Fi!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment