Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Wow, I still have those muscles!

Ok, ok, ok I figured out an important life lesson today. I know why there weren't any fat cavemen, they all couldn't run and got eaten by the beast, not because they tasted better but because they were so darn slow. I thought I would mix it up a little and do a light jog on the treadmill after I finished 32 min on the elliptical. So I'm all warmed up, got my Marine running cadence jamming on my iPhone, and start the treadmill. I get up to 5.5 mph and decide that is a good pace for a little jog. Well 2 miles later my knees are burning, I can't feel the front of my shins, and I can't see through the sweat in my eyes. Yep I am going to feel that in the morning. I think I will hold off on the jogging for a little while longer. 268 pounds is a lot of weight to be hammering on my knees with. So I felt good after the run, I think I was delirious, so I decided to do a quick 3 exercise strength circuit. 3 sets, of 3 different muscle groups, 15 reps each set, and only 10 sec in-between each set. Wow it felt good, I wonder if it is true about muscle memory. I have a feeling that I am going to be a little sore in the am! Well it is off to bed, goodnight world.

By the way I have almost lost the equivalent weight as a 5 gallon water jug, or my youngest daughter. I feel amazing!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: